Sunday, March 27, 2011

Uxorious -- My baby loves me

This word was provided to me by Janny.

Tonight, I came home after a nine day absence.  Nine days spent with my little Grandma as she moved from her apartment to her new home.  Nine days without each other.

When I opened the garage door, I was surprised not to see The Guy waiting for me.  He had been asking quite regularly where I was on the road, so I assumed he was as anxious as I to have me home.  I unloaded a few things and opened the door.  There he was.

Do you remember what I look like?


Vaguely.

After hugging long enough the dog got bored, I brought my things inside.  Once in the kitchen, I could hear a sound.

Water running.

The Guy had drawn me a bath (not with a pen and paper -- why do they call it that?  Oh, drawing from a well.  I get it.) and poured us each a glass of wine.

It was the perfect home coming to a hectic nine days.

I promise, I will never leave you this long again.

Until next week.
*****************************
Tonight, talking with my favourite, underrated cousin, he asked me about my relationship with The Guy.  I was taken aback by the question, because -- although I try not to take us for granted -- I hadn't thought about it for awhile.  Here is what I wrote.
We are different in a lot of ways. I'm a mess -- emotionally, lifestyle wise, and housekeeping. He is incredibly sturdy and neat. He can calm me down and I do the same when he gets worked up. He's also weird enough that I let my freak flag fly without being too self-conscious.
We are also similar in some ways -- super determined to take care of our family, caregivers, fixers, etc. We also both like real life crime shows! So we compliment each other both in our difference and similarities. 
For me the most important this is that we've both become better people because of each other and that is the first time it's been like that for either of us. I like who I am with him a lot better than I've ever liked me before.

I'm so glad to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crap monkies say "what?"