Saturday, October 11, 2008

I may have to apologize to technology.

I am in love. With a genius. Okay, not a genius (sorry babe), but the Genius. It is my iTunes newest thing to make me weep with joy and kiss my computer screen.

It is a well known fact in my family and circle of friend that I cannot make a mix CD that doesn't either suck or make you feel awkward as you listen to it. Those songs? In a row? Really?

I never know what to listen to, what I like, or what I want to listen to at any given time. This is the reason I either listen to the same CD or set of songs over and over and over and over... well, you get the picture. It is the real reason I love the random setting on my iPod. Fate choses my songs for me. If I feel like listening, I listen; if I don't, I move on. Coincidentally enough, this is also my philosophy on advice and guys.

This is why the Genius is so, well, genius. I hit random until I find a song I want to listen to. Then I hit the Genius button. Genius takes over from there, looks at all my songs, thinks to itself "Self, what would go good with this song?" and makes me a playlist. And, it ROCKS! It reminds me of songs I had forgotten I even had on my computer. It puts amazing groups of songs together and bam I have an hour and a bit of listening bliss and no decision making.

Ah, Genius. You may have just replaced Lyn.

****************
Update: Genius just made a mix with the Patrick Swayze song in it. Seriously. In. Love.

2 comments:

  1. i, too, have the genius love ... it gets me through my work day quite nicely ... and with the occasional chair dance and moment of bursting into song. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting until I have more than 8 songs on my new computer to try it out. I'm sad that it might replace me as the resident kick-ass CD-maker. Ah well. I'm pretty sure I've still got the corner on Christmas. You need heart to make a good Christmas CD, and Genius hasn't got a heart, as far as I can tell.

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"