Monday, February 14, 2011

Oh, right... Valentine's day

Last night, I came home to fresh flowers on the counter and supper being delivered to the door.  I was jubilant.  I'd had a rough night the evening before worrying about some family issues and hadn't slept much.  I figured The Guy had tuned into my emotional distress and wanted to do something nice for me.

I gushed over the flowers and was very happy with supper.  We watched the rest of the season of a show we've been watching and chatted before bed.  All in all, a great evening.

It wasn't until this morning I realized he had likely done all those nice things for Valentine's Day and NOT because he was in tune with my every emotional need.

He still gets bonus points, but not as many as I'd thought.

1 comment:

  1. I know I shouldn't laugh until tears run at this post but...some days, us guys just can't win.

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"