We're not much for the Valentine's Day celebrations. For us, every day is a day to express our love.
I got the chance to go see my sister over this week and, when I discussed the chance with The Guy, I asked him if he would mind me not being around for the most romantic of days. He stood up and cheered at the thought of a whole week alone. So, I guess we're okay. I'm here, having a wonderful time, and he is home basking in the laziness it is to not have to clean up after me.
I decided, as my gift to him, I would write a list of things I love about him. You can read it, or you can carry on. I won't be offended either way.
- The lines on his face are from smiling.
- I catch him having silly discussions with the dog.
- He tickles me "out of love".
- He's very tall.
- He's the perfect hug height.
- I can wear heels and still be shorter than he is. (Did I mention he's tall?)
- He barbeques almost anything. Even in winter. Although, not this winter.
- He doesn't make me shovel.
- He creates his own heat and doesn't complain too loudly when I steal it.
- I can make him laugh
- He will make me laugh when I'm trying to be grouchy
- Even when he is mad, he doesn't get MAD.
- He lets me sleep in and stay up late.
- I can be silly around him and not be self-conscious.