Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The cute and adorable

Today, I brought Dad's pups home with me for the afternoon. It was a beautiful day and I thought I would hang outside, throw the ball for the dogs and work on getting rid of the Casper-like appearance of my skin. (Yes, it's true. I'm so pale I am see through.)

However, first, I noticed that my lawn needed to be cut in the back yard so I did that. Now, I had never mowed the lawn until I was in my 20's. I had a brother. I did inside work, he did yard work. It never dawned on me that I wouldn't always have some poor pathetic male to push that thing back and forth across the yard. I do it now myself, but I look ridiculous doing it and never can seem to push it in a straight line and it always seems very heavy even though it has a motor. It is not my favourite chore. But I digress.

After mowing the lawn, I decided it needed water. I bought a new sprinkler (an oscillating one) and wanted to test drive it. I put it out and turned it on. It's great and I love it. The dogs were a little freaked by it because it moves.

Anyways, I got working on my tan eventually. The dogs and I played ball (however, I had to promise them I would not throw it towards the moving water). After awhile, I noticed that Maddy had stopped playing ball. I looked around only to find her waiting under the sprinkler trying to catch the streams of water as they fell from the sky.

*********
Further cute crazy Grandma stories can be found here and here. Ky spent a week or so up there with her and had plenty of time to collect stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crap monkies say "what?"