Wednesday, April 19, 2006

My tattoos

Thinking about doing stupid things for dumb reasons got me to thinking about my tattoos. I have two. Both I got at times when my life was totally messed up and I didn't know what to do with things.
The first I still like. I forget it is there and then I see it again and I still like it. Other people see it way more than I do (its on my lower back) so I imagine they aren't as shocked at it as I am when I remember it is there. The reason I got it, I'm not thrilled with. But, I was struggling with a stupid decision I had made and figured this would be a reminder that not all things we do can be undone. I think (in all reality, now that I look at it) that I just wanted a physical pain to go with the emotional one. I wish I could find a picture of the tattoo online, so I could explain it. It's really pretty. An abstract bird - Native art style - where the wings are wrapped around the bird in an effort to shelter itself.
The second one I got, was when we had to put my dog down a few years ago. She was my first real pet (other than goldfish and a bunny when I was 6) and she was mine. It was a time when Mom was first sick and in hospital with chemo and all that and then losing the dog was more than I could stand. (Again - needed physical pain for the emotional. I'm so freaking text book sometimes!!) It is a puppy paw over my heart. Cute idea at the time. However, I never thought about how trailer trash it would look with tank tops or strapless dresses. I've been thinking about getting it removed, but who knows?

I'm not sure what the point of this was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crap monkies say "what?"