Friday, February 17, 2006

Sayings I have

Someone asked me recently where "buggering crap monkies" comes from. I had to be honest. I have no freaking idea. I have the same problem my paternal grandmother had - I take a phrase and totally bastardize it until I have no idea what it was supposed to be, but it suits what I need it to be now. So, in trying not to swear, I came up with buggering crap monkies. (Although, I recently discovered I have been spelling monkeys incorrectly for YEARS. And now, I want to spell it that way.) Here are some other stupid sayings I have developed (family and friends, if you can think of other things I say that are ridiculous, feel free to add)

"Party in a hat". I am assuming this came from "Party and a half" but to me that makes no sense. A hat? Yes. That is a very small party, indeed. And for some reason, I always imagne the hat to be a top hat or a derby. Again, I don't know why.

"For crying in the sink". Comes from "for crying out loud" but I am not sure where the sink came in. But, if I was going to cry... and I wanted it to be loud... the sink has an element of echo.

"Holy banana" Yes, this too is another one I use for times when normal people would swear. How bananas are considered holy in my mind... again... its a mystery.

"Frickin' heck". Now, I know I didn't make this up (and Ky has BY FAR the best variation on this theme) but it is one I use on a regular basis.

"Oh, for flying out loud". I am sure I have a disease. My brain is not attached to my mouth. What I am thinking rarely comes out in any coherant way. However, my grandmother once came up with the phrase "Not the sharpest bulb in the bunch", so I come by it honestly.

4 comments:

  1. I'd like to hear Ky's version of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recently I was playing Settlers with Ross and Ben online. I came out of now where and won. Ross' response was @#$@#%. He later told me he shouted "p- double o-p" out loud.

    I always thought "buggering crap monkey" came from Bron's love of hot monkey on monkey action while they deficated. Some people are into some messed up stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"