However, once I started knitting, I realized I needed a bag to put all my knitting things in. I was using a small Rocky Mountain Soap Company bag, but it wasn't quite cutting it. I had a brilliant idea for what I wanted in a bag to keep things organized. So, I designed one and made it. Today.
In order to do that, I had to first enlist The Guy for help. We picked up the table I needed which had been left at the church after the wedding. We set it up, ran power for it, and I set up a sewing area. It looks great! I'm starting to get organized and it took care of one more thing on my list of things I wanted to accomplish. So, I started to sew.
Here is the final product. I've found a few things I would change about it, but it's just the prototype for me, so it's okay. I plan to make many others now that I have this layout and either give them away or sell them. It didn't take too long, so I figure it will be okay.
Vintage 70s Fortrell which I picked up from a coworker's MiL when she moved.
I've been dying to use it.
Inside the bag on the right side.
It has four slots for tall needles and 4 for shorter ones.
Inside the bag on the left side.
One large pocket with flap (large enough to hold a 6" ruler)
and two open pockets for miscellaneous.
Top down view of the inside of the bag.