Monday, December 01, 2008

Day of Grace: Day 1

These are things I am thankful for today.


  1. Peanut butter. I love the way it smells, the way it tastes, feels, and looks. I like the way it melts on toasted bagels. I like it by the spoonful.
  2. Coworkers. Love'em or hate'em (sometimes both the same day) they are a damn fine group of people to work with. I wouldn't trade them for a hundred trained monkeys.
  3. Baby grins. My neighbours' daughter grinned at me today with her whole face. Her mouth stretched as wide as her head would allow and her two little teeth stuck out at me. It made me want to chew on her face.
  4. The support of my church. The friends and family I have there would back me up anytime I need it. I am relying on them big time right now and they are following through.
  5. The Guy. He is so much more than I thought I would ever get to spend 20 months with me. He's kind and gracious, brave and loving, caring and hilarious and ticklish. He makes me laugh, cry, and want to hold on for dear life. What more can a girl want?

I am participating in NaBloPoMo for December now too. Also I'm taking part in 365 Days of Grace.

3 comments:

  1. It's the little things that cause the greatest joy because they are the ones most apt to hang around. Now, as to mentioning peanut butter before the man.......at least your priorities are correct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could have some of #3 and #5 every day, I'd die a happy woman.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this list. Especially the chewing on baby faces part.

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"