Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Update: Dog is not dead. Yet

I called the vet. She said she was surprised Madison had not thrown up and that by the time I found her, the pills were already dissolved. The vet figures there will be no lasting kidney or liver damage and the pills will just work it's way through her system.

Madison spent the day running in circles, doing laps, pacing, and generally being hyperactive. Then, about 3 pm, she passed out snoring for 2 hours and woke up dozey.

So, tonight I am checking on her a few times and, if she's not dead by morning, she should be ok.

Thanks for all your good thoughts and great advice!

4 comments:

  1. *whew*!!
    Hope she stays okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to send you four emails but cannot connect to outgoing mail. Stupid internet/computer/software/world. How is night going for you? Glad Maddy the Cat is still alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear it. If I were in your shoes I'd be so nervous that I'd wind up doing exactly the same things the dog was doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear she's going to be ok - hope she doesn't take a shine to your happy pills and go for them again!

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"