There were some great highlights from the weekend:
- One of the ministers was talking about Jesus being laid in a tomb and sealed in behind a great rock. As the minister said "sealed" he made the motion of closing a Ziplock bag.
- One other minister was from North Carolina. He didn't pronounce a single "r". My favourite word he said was "tabernacle". He pronounced it "tab-in-ackle".
- I have decided that all women once they hit their fifties wear all manner of gawd-awful animal prints. I have a pact with a few other girls. Unless it is a pair of really cute shoes, there will be no middle aged wearing of zoo creatures.
- One man in the church kept "snorking" during service. You know, that thing old men do to clear mucus out of their sinuses. He did it in time to the music. He did it in silent moments. He did it during prayer. It didn't seem to help him all that much. It certainly didn't help us!
- Apparently, I am more famous than I thought. Some of the lurkers on this blog are people from the church. A lot of people. In fact, I am surprised I was not asked for my autograph. Actually, I may start handing them out without request. I suppose this new influx of readers should temper my need to talk about my boobs or bodily functions or all sorts of other things I talk about, but I'm just not that kind of gal. I would likely say all this in public too.
There were lots of other things that happened, but I've forgotten my list. Yes, I had to write it down. It was a lot of good blog fodder and I have a short memory!
* The title of this post is a direct comment from a little boy who was asked what his family does at church. Mind you, now he's not so little. He's the grandpa of a good friend's baby! *