Wednesday, March 26, 2008

How bad could he be?

Normally, I have to find someone to take all three dogs during any time I am away. It is a problem. As individuals they are good dogs. As a trio? They are not. No one is ever too anxious to babysit. And since Dad has moved out of the country, it is harder and harder for me to go away.

This weekend, I tried a new strategy for taking care of my dogs. I decided to take Madison with me. I left Montel with The Guy (both think they belong to each other anyway). Finally, I left Vicki with Lyn until she left for Europe and then my friend's son, A, came to the house to take care of her for a night.

A's mom was a little nervous having him alone at my place. It was different when I lived within walking distance, but this time he was across the city. Understandably, she didn't want any one strange coming to the door.

I spoke with The Guy on Saturday night and he told me he would drop off Montel at the house before heading to his parents for Easter supper. I just had to let A know so he would be expecting The Guy and would open the door. By the time I thought of it, I figured it would be too late to call. (A teenage boy hanging out in a quiet house with a computer - why did I think midnight would be too late?)

I called the next day after church to say The Guy would be coming by. A advised The Guy had already come by the house. He said "I didn't know who he was, but he had Montel, so I let him in."

Apparently, not opening the door to strangers doesn't count if they have an animal you recognize.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crap monkies say "what?"