Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Will you be my Daddy?

Today I went to the airport to pick up my father and his wife. They had been visiting out in BC for the weekend. They were late, so I got to wait.

While I was waiting, I noticed a disproportionately large number of little children present. I watched two sets of children for a bit. Three little girls were standing near each other, playing and dancing about. Two of the girls were waiting for their grandparents and the other little girl was waiting for her father.

Finally after much delay, the little girl's father came down the escalator. She went running to meet him. At the same time, the little girl from the other family ran towards the escalator... shouting "Daddy, Daddy".

She seemed quite disappointed when he walked past her and swooped his real daughter into his arms.

2 comments:

  1. Ok that reminds me of the time that Scott and I were walking in the park and a little kid came flying up to us and grabbed his hand. Scott looked like some strange virus had just latched on to him. The kid looked half scared to death and half broken hearted!

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"