Saturday, July 14, 2007

Medical update

I went to the doctor yesterday. I have a throat infection that spread into my tongue and surrounding area. The doctor looked into my mouth and said, "Yes, that is a bit gross.", in her soft and staccato accent. That will teach me for not wanting to bother her for just a cold.

I'm now on antibiotics, however, they won't kick in for a few days. Which means the swelling has gone down a bit, but the sore throat is still there. I bought this stuff that is supposed to numb the back of your throat and ease pain. It does numb your throat... actually, it more paralyzes your throat and makes you helpless against the pain that continues.

The good news is I was scheduled to go back to work today and the doctor told me I shouldn't go back until Monday at the earliest. What a way to extend my holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crap monkies say "what?"