Sunday, February 18, 2007

Famn Damily

Some of you may not know it, but tomorrow is Saskatchewan's Family Day. Saskatchewan implemented the mandatory family day holiday in the fall when a call for election looked imminent. It costs the government little, but costs businesses across the province millions. Ah, Saskatchewan politics. Not a better way to suck the life from people.

I digress.

It is a little known fact that prior to Saskatchewan's Family Day, people in Saskatchewan wandered much like the nomads. They tootled about the prairie in parkas and snowshoes blissful in their ignorance that there are numerous people to whom they are related and who should be avoided at all costs. Now that we have Family Day, experts expect drinking rates to rise, jail cells to fill and therapists to be booked solid.

Don't you love progress?

To celebrate family day in my house, my family left. It was the best present anyone could have given me. Tomorrow I plan not to talk to any of my family, pretending all the while that I am an orphan. It shall be a good old time. There will be much celebrating and feasting to be had.

Or, I might clean the bathroom.

3 comments:

  1. Personally, I'd celebrate and feast. But if cleaning the bathroom is your thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saskatchewan is a funny word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KID: I ended up doing both. I felt more justified feasting, knowing that I had done something productive.

    Chris: American's are easily amused.

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"