Monday, July 24, 2006

My cool weekend

Lyn and I drove up to my aunt's cabin. A nice 6 1/2 hour jaunt for about 26 hours of time at the cabin. It was totally worth it. And, though we didn't know it, we managed to get there for my aunt's birthday weekend.

We ate and swam and hung out and tanned and read and played games. It was lovely. I don't know how to swim (actually I am terrified of it if I can't touch the bottom or if water covers my collar bone), but my aunt's neice was using a life jacket just to lounge on, so I decided to try it. I'm sure I looked like an idiot, but it was the best idea ever. I wrapped the vest around my waist and locked it together. I didn't put it on in the traditional sense, but turned it around so I could lay on my stomach and not sink. I floated peacefully in the water, didn't panic once and had the time of my life.

The best part of the weekend (actually there were many "best" parts, but this one was awesome) I got to drive a boat. And I "parked" it. Or whatever they call it. I drove and didn't drown any of us and I pulled the boat up to the dock and it was awesome. Although, my mouth tasted like gasoline afterwards and I'm not sure I like that.

All in all, it was a great weekend. But I was so tired I zonked as soon as I got home. You'd know I was tired, because I couldn't even blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crap monkies say "what?"