Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Being thankful in the midst of pouting

Maddy on Bron's head
This is how I feel today.
Today, is a fat dog butt sitting on my head.
I have to go back to work today after a summer of essentially doing nothing. The next three months are packed with work and union issues that I have avoided since June. The stress I had managed to melt from my body in the last few months has returned with a vengeance. Migraines, stress headaches, bad dreams, exhaustion and sadness are threatening to drown me in a sea of self pity.
However, instead of being bitchy, I am going to tell you what I am thankful for at the moment. Who am I kidding? I'm still going to be bitchy, but I'm putting it on the back burner for public eyes.
  • It's noon and I already had a nap.
  • I have a coffee made in 35 seconds from our Keurig.
  • I'm still in my pajamas.
  • I have a husband who encouraged me to have a second nap at noon.
  • I had a great coffee date with a friend last night. Talking social work with a peer never gets old.
  • I have read 56 books since the beginning of June.
  • I have a puppy keeping my pillow warm despite having slept 16 hours already.
  • I have a job with a good paycheque.
  • Even though I don't want to go back, it has been a job I love and will be again.
  • My puppy is super cute.
In the sun

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crap monkies say "what?"