Tuesday, December 14, 2010

For every action #reverb10

I'm a bi late with this one again.  I was going to do it after The Guy went to bed, but was so tired by then I joined him.  Will do this prompt now and the next one tonight.  Unless I get tired again... then this is the beginning of a downward spiral.

December 13 Action. When it comes to aspirations, its not about ideas. It's about making ideas happen. What's your next step? (Prompt by @scottbelsky)

I am a woman of action.  It's how I show love, it's how I fix things, it's how I move.  When I am unable to act, I am paralyzed.  It is at that time that depression and frustration and anger and helplessness come on me like a cloud.  I am surrounded in my inability to act, to fix, to love, and I am lost.

Maybe that is why the last few months have been so bad for me.  I am at a loss to fix the inequalities and hurts.  I can still do my job, and do it well, but the rest is beyond something I can fix.  To see a problem and not be able to act, that is the worst punishment that exists for me.  I can see the contradictions, the unfairness, the immoral.  And I am in the minority so therefore am not able to act in the way that I feel is necessary to make change happen.

For me, this coming year is not about how to put things into action, but how to be okay when I am unable to act.  For me, that is the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crap monkies say "what?"