Friday, February 26, 2010

I see dead people.

The last few months have been rife with nightmares much to my dismay and The Guy's poor, interrupted sleep.  I had done not too badly since I got back from Victoria, being that I was rested and relaxed for the most part.

On Monday night, it was a different story.  I had been sleeping soundly and woke up with the a start.  To see an apparition of a woman standing beside my bed.  Now, this was the same place that I saw the little girl waving at me, now stood a woman in her nightgown, hair tousled, with giant glasses on, pleading with me to pay attention to her.

It was someone I knew.  A good friend.  Standing beside my bed in less than corporeal form looking at me and making wild hand gestures.

Needless to say, I freaked the eff out.

First off, my friend isn't dead.  So, whatever I saw wasn't actually her, but my imagination going crazy.  Second, I don't really think I'm seeing dead people.  Or live people teleporting themselves to me in their pajamas and the glasses they wear when they take out their contacts and would never let anyone else see them. 

With my eyes glued on the scary dead-not-dead version of my friend, I used my left arm to wildly swing around behind me and wake up The Guy and the dog.  I don't know why I did this.  I guess I figured that if they were both awake, it would lessen the likelihood of being taken over by the not-ghost.  As I contacted with The Guy's stomach (I heard the *thud* and *ugh*) I shook my head and closed my eyes. 

When I opened them, she was fading.  I grabbed my cell phone to look at what time it was.  3:33am.  I spent the next little while frantically praying that I wasn't 1) losing my mind, 2) being visited by dead people, 3) being visited by my dead friend! and 4) not going to be meeting my untimely demise.  By this time The Guy was awake and I felt incredibly foolish for having woken him up.

The next day I called my friend to tell her she had appeared to me.  She laughed and assured me she was not dead and, if she did haunt me, she would at least put in her contacts.  No one needs to see those glasses twice.

2 comments:

  1. That's super creepy. I've had weird experiences like that before, but actually, I think that really was my dead grandmother, and the creepy dead guy that haunts the group home. At least, I hope so, otherwise, that makes me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you need to see a counsellor? Know any good ones?

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"