Sunday, September 13, 2009

A lazy Sunday afternoon including cake and football

Today is a good day, a lazy day, a nice and relaxing day.  Today, my dear friend crazybarefeet is here making my wedding cake.  I keep getting samples and it only secures my assurance that using her to make my cake was a good idea.  At this point, I don't care if the cake ends up looking like a giant butt, it tastes like heavenly goodness of chocolate and a pound and a half of butter.  Seriously.  A pound and a half of butter is the greatest tasting thing on earth.  Mmmm.

What was I saying?  Right, I remember.

So we're sitting in the living room in comfortable silence, listening to The Guy watch football.  It's the Banjo Bowl this weekend where every good Skatch person audibly and furiously loathes The 'Peg for the day.  Don't worry if you don't understand.  It just means you're not one of us.  And you never will be.

Today is a day for lounging and taste testing and solitaire playing.  It is a day for cozying with a puppy on the couch.  Today is a good day.

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome day.

    I wish I had cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for me understanding! and for living vicariously through you in your love of butter :)

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"