Friday, September 04, 2009

Garbage day woes

My neighbours missed a show if they weren't looking outside their windows at 11 AM this morning.

First, Monty and I loaded up into the car.  I had some errands to run and figured Monty made good company. 

Then, I backed up directly into the garbage bin.  I swore.  I jumped out of the running car, complained bitterly that the garbage bin was there (although there is no where else to put it - stupid living on a cul de sac) and dragged it up to the top of the driveway.

I jumped back into the car and sped away.  That is until I got two blocks away and realized the garbage truck was just coming around to our neighbourhood.  Crap.

So, I pulled a yewie.  U - ey?  Eewie.  I turned around.  I sped back into the bay, pulled up close to the driveway and dragged the garbage bin back down to the end.  I put it just to the side of the driveway so I wouldn't have so much trouble getting back in.

Then I sped away.

When I returned it was to find the garbage truck had picked up the garbage.  And dumped the bin directly in the centre of the driveway.  Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our garbage bag sat by the road all week. It must have been pretty bad as even the stray dogs didn't tear it up. I gave up and brought it back into the yard last night. Will try again on Tuesday which is our (regular?) pick up day.

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"