Friday, June 05, 2009

Sold, finally.

As of 6:30pm, my house was finally sold. I didn't want to post about it until the conditions were removed, because -- in my mind -- if I write about anything before it's final, it will likely not happen. However, it is done, I have a "sold" sign (or I will later today) and now it is on to the next thing.

Someone asked if I was thrilled. Well, less thrilled and more utterly exhausted. I'm so relieved this is over. I may never move again because I have to tell you, selling houses sucks. Buying them I like. This is never want to experience again. Now I know why there are so many abandoned homesteads across our province. People couldn't bear the thought of putting their house on the market.

That's my take on it, anyway.

The new owners take possession on June 30th. The Guy and I get possession of our house on July 15th. With some fancy maneuvering, we are figuring out where everything (including our persons) will be. Now for the packing.

8 comments:

  1. Yay! Would you like a million boxes? I'll likely be unpacked upstairs no later than Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it is finally sold. Enjoy packing and moving. Twice. then never again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Moving is so super stressful but think of the great housewarming party you can have once it's all over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, lovely - little blog award for you here: http://tinyurl.com/ootr4g

    ReplyDelete
  5. Say, speaking of housewarming, anyone have a Mexican velvet painting (remember them) of a reclining nude. Great housewarming gift and it will be passed on and on for generations. People will fear to move because they "know" they might be next on the receiving list.

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"