Wednesday, March 18, 2009

That's some fine hiding

Lately, I have been struggling with how to entertain Montel. He used to be content with many hours of just sitting, but now that he knows he has me all to himself, he feels the need to play -- constantly. He gets tired of ball and the ever popular "Chew your bone and leave me be".

One night, he reached over and scratched his paw along my forearm. I was ignoring him (How dare I?) and he would have none of it. I was not in the mood. So, I did what every good mother does. I threw a blanket over him and hoped he would get the hint. Instead, he figured his way out of the blanket and presented himself proudly to the world. "Where's Monty?" became the new game.

Tonight, we played for about 10 minutes. He was equally thrilled each time the blanket landed on his head. "Where's Monty?" He would scuttle his way out from under and throw himself at me in glee. Blanket on head, "Where's Monty?", crawl out, wag ferociously, rinse, repeat. It is a great game requiring little concentration from me and thrilling adventure for him.

Then, I decided to change it up. I put the blanket up to my face and hid behind. With a "Where's Monty?" I dropped the blanket.

He had left the room.

4 comments:

  1. LMAO, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consider it all good training for when/if you have kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smart dog. Run while you can. Or had he gone looking for you? he ain't too bright some days.

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"