Thursday, January 15, 2009

What's important

I've been stressing. Stressing, re-stressing, calming, and then stressing again. I love planning. Unless nothing comes into fruition. It is at these times I want to run away. If I don't know the answer, or it doesn't come to me easily, I'm not so much interested in playing anymore.

Then someone said to me "If you had all the money in the world and nothing in your way, what would you do?" It was easy. I just answered. Then I stopped to think.

It's exactly what I should do. But it took me looking beyond all the financial and strategical stress to figure out exactly what I wanted.

Maybe I need to apply this question to my life more often. What would I do if I didn't have to worry about the money or the specifics. What would I do?

In my case, the answer usually is "Go shopping" or "Buy all the shoes", but that's not always practical. My thought is, I need to find the practical way to fulfill what I want to have happen in my life.

Here are things I would want to do if neither money nor practical issues were in the way:
  1. Be an artist.
  2. Spend a lot of time with family and friends.
  3. Travel to some places, but not a lot.
  4. Make a home.
  5. Sell things I make to other people.
There are a few others, more specific to what I'm dealing with right now, but I am working on making those a reality. Maybe it's time to look at the other list too.

3 comments:

  1. Once you solve your other stressor, working on the artist part is a good plan. Also I hope our home is on your list of places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an excellent list - but I think it's ok to keep the "go shopping" on it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That list is doable. Not like you want to buy a South Pacific island.

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"