Saturday, December 27, 2008

Enough already.

I think I've done rather well. I have last 10 days. That is about the average length of me wanting people in my house. I'm done now. There have been no major fights (bonus!), only a few snarky comments here and there, and a moderate amount of mess.

We have eaten more food in this last 3 days than most Third World countries get in a year. And I am done. With all of it. I don't want to eat anything EVER again. I don't want to talk to anyone or see anyone or anything. I want to crawl into bed and sleep forever. I want quiet and peace and silence.

I love my family and I have missed them more than even I had realized. I am so glad we are all together -- the four siblings and the two significant others. It has been awesome.

But I swear to everything chocolate that if I didn't know some are going home tomorrow and some soon after that, I would lose my head.

1 comment:

  1. My stepdaughter left last night, after 7 days and nights of fun and laughter and plenty of messes in the bathroom (she's a bit of a diva) and more food (junk food, not the good kind) consumed than we would normally buy for 3 months for just the 2 of us...oy....

    Today is ALL about the peace and quiet. And snuggling with a kitty in my lap.

    Life is good.

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"