Thursday, November 20, 2008

Why I'm awake at 2 this time.

I have spent the last two hours in the throws of multiple versions of the same nightmare. The topic ranged from a female monkey being murdered (alliteration - whee!) to a mother going to a bar and being mauled by a mob (alliteration again? I didn't even mean to that time.) The suspect/protector ranged with each nightmare in a way that Freud's mind would even have been blown. And in each version, I try to call out to give warning to someone and end up choking because my mouth is so dry. Then I wake up in a violent manner that scares the dogs only to immediately fall asleep to start over again.

This is what happens when I forget to turn the heat down when I go to sleep. Oh, that and when I eat 3 lbs of dry ribs for supper. Oh, and when I watch a scary show before bed. But, it has turned into a blog post, so really, I shouldn't complain.


I'm participating in NaBloPoMo. Because I think I rock and feel the need to share it with the world. It's true. Really.

6 comments:

  1. Dry garlic ribs? Send me a care package.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a nightmare last night too. Maybe it a full moon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Giggle Pixie: something in the air... I dreamed that the 3rd brother of 10 brothers found out he was dying and the family had an immediate group wedding with a family of 10 sisters ranging from ages 4-25. Everyone wanted to get married, but this was one giant wedding that involved becoming blood-spouses with knives & lots of tears. There were also several scenes involving prison & donuts. and all the guys wore pink satin... weird...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah - hate nightmares like that! I'd guess that the answer for the cause might might be "d" all of the above.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dad: I will, but I can't imagine they will be edible when they get there.

    Giggle: That could be, but I thought that was last week.

    NC: you just made my dream look totally normal.

    Mandy Lou: I think so too. Of course, I also think it's the flu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you know, I'm glad I could help! :)

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"