Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Don't worry, insane is one of the ten

The Guy and I were having a conversation about the differences in thinking processes of men and women. I decided to try and give him an example that would really make it clear.

So, I asked, "What are you feeling right now?"

He stared at me. A look of confusion crossed his face. "Nothing.", he said tentatively.

"Exactly. At this moment, I can tell you I am feeling at least 10 different emotions."

He shook his head and muttered something about women being insane.

10 comments:

  1. Further proof I might actually be a dude. I would have said the exact same thing as Wade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! I used his name and I can't figure out how to erase my comment. Sorry! Bron, if you can erase it go for it and I'll recomment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ok. Don't worry at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sure he didn't misinterpret the word "feeling"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're talking about being aware of feelings and capable of revealing them. Western culture teaches average men to ditch awareness and never to show feelings. In other cultures men can be quite aware and demonstrative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I contend most men have two emotions: content or not content.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I imagine The Guy would say the same thing. I think Ceciloux is right, it's just how our society trains men.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yet again it's clear to me why we are superior to men and how it is that we drive them insane!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hungry doesn't count, does it?

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"