Thursday, October 16, 2008

Well, I think "freak" covers it.

Crazybarefeet came by the house the other day. She walked in, looked around, and with a look not unlike horror and revulsion said "Is this what happens when you don't have your sisters around?"

I swung my head around to see what horrible image was drawing her gaze. I'm not sure what I was expecting to see - a pile of pooh, a dog carrying my underwear, something like that. But I didn't. I didn't see anything. It was then I realized what had Crazybarefeet taken so aback.

"Yeah, it's clean."

For the first time in a long time, my house is tidy. Vacuummed, dusted, organized, tidied. It is a lot easier to do without three people vying for places to store their crap. A lot easier knowing there is no one else to blame for the mess. A lot easier knowing that if I leave something there now, it is me who has to pick it up.

I have no reason to mutter about so-and-so never does anything or so-and-so always does this. I've done dishes more often since being alone than I ever did before. I've done laundry (sort of) and garbages and dusting and... it stays tidy.

It's so weird. I'm clean.

3 comments:

  1. The sad thing is that your house never even approached mine for sheer crazy messiness. And before you make any remarks just think...you too may have dogs AND kids to contend with some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bite your tongue woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey...thanks for coming by. I just read your profile and laughed out loud! I'm so with you on this clean house thing and picking up after myself. Alone does have it's benefits. David's been here less than 24 hours and I can tell it!

    I missed him but not the mess!

    I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"