Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Elected and selected

The Conservatives are in again. With a little, minority government. Again.

Steven Harper is still a jackass Prime Minister. Stephane Dion is now rocking back and forth in a corner crying somewhere. And Jack Layton is off waxing his moustache.

I watched most of the results and wasn't overly surprised or even impressed. But then I read Scott Feschuk's version of the election. http://blog.macleans.ca/2008/10/14/liveblogging-election-night-from-the-couch-o-democracy/ Suddenly the night got a lot better.

Edit: THis is my favourite part.

12:08 a.m. Dear 40th Parliament: We are really going to try to make you work this time, honey. Honestly. We completely mean it and are totally serious, girl. This time it’s going to be different. This time we’re going to give you the love and respect you deserve, baby. Yeah, that’s it - love and respect and cuddling. Sincerely, Every Politician. P.S. We’re going out drinking with the guys now. Don’t wait up.

4 comments:

  1. i didn't think that the liberals would take such a blow, but other than that, not many surprises. i am very not conservative, but i am happy that bill casey won (or, more aptly, whopped ass) as an independant in my hometown riding ... now he is a maverick i will not make jokes about. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was happy for Bill Casey too. I just hope he doesn't act all silly and move to the Conservatives. I felt bad for the Liberals, but only that they were so dumb to vote Stephane in as leader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read your profile and wondered: domestic failure? whu?? cross stitcher? I just started knitting since my back's out. dreamer? critic? Boy do I have a post coming up for YOU next week.

    p.s. I wouldn't trade my chiropractor for your dad's. ouch

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to see that other countries have similar political madness - I just finished watching the last debate, I may have slipped into a coma because of it.

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"