Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sewing FAIL

I had an epiphany the other day. I was going to make sleep masks. I had a ton of old satin material and some spare time. I hastily jotted down a pattern, set up my sewing machine and...

Sewed the wrong pieces together. Inside out.

After ripping that all apart, I started again. And sewed it together, without leaving space to turn it back outside right. So, I ripped it apart and went for try number three. That's lucky, right?

No. It looked like a blind, one-armed monkey sewed it.

I thought maybe the pattern was faulty. So, I checked the internet. Actually, my pattern is dead on. I just cannot do it right. If I wanted to, I would use binding and do an edging around it instead of just sewing it and flipping it. But, I wanted it to be simple. Easy. A boost to my self esteem.

I'm going to watch TV now.

2 comments:

  1. Sweetheart, why don't you just put a bag over your head? Or his head? Or use two bags?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I think I'm pretty darn good at sewing, there are always the days when I sew everything inside out and backwards multiple times. It's horrible. I understand your frustration!

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"