Monday, April 28, 2008

Material girl

For some reason, even though I was exhausted when I went to bed, I woke up at 2:30am. I never did get back to sleep, so eventually I decided to get up and be productive.

I started a project that has been eating my brain since Saturday morning. I went through all the material I have in a big bin that my mom gathered together years ago. I have rarely used anything in it because it is a huge tub full of scraps and oddities and colours I hate. I went through and made four piles.


  1. Small pieces of material to use for crafts - cute colours or patterns in small 12"x12" or so amounts. I have copious amounts of projects I want to do. I will likely never get to them, but now I have a place to start.
  2. Large pieces of material that is sturdy - this is useful for backs of quilts or bigger projects. Although I have one giant piece of material that I rescued from a yard sale and now that I am looking at it, it's really ugly. Not sure what I will do about that. Hmm.
  3. Large pieces of really funky material - I bought most of these pieces. I remember buying them with plans to make skirts for myself and my siblings. That was... oh, 6 years ago. Oops. Well, I now have many many other plans for these pieces. And in another 6 years, I might have them done.
  4. Give away material - big scraps of gawdawful material that no one in their right mind would want. So I am giving them away in the hopes someone will not be in their right mind.

In doing this small chore, I also organized all my blue jean material (I have A LOT) and put together two more boxes of donations. It is now 7am and I am finally ready to sleep but have to be up at 8:20 to take the sister to work. I might nap later then. I still feel pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. there's a good chance that by the time you get those skirts made, they will fall into the "stylishly vintage" category and you'll be right on track! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"