Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Rude awakening

My idiot dog, Madison, is amazing at finding strange and awkward ways to wake me up. Her favourite, of course, is the trusty tongue up the nose. Guaranteed to wake your owner and get you a breakfast snack.

In order to fully understand Madison's newest move, I must explain Madison's tail first. She is a cocker spaniel crossed with a poodle. A cock-a-poo as it were. (My puppies are cockapoo shih tzu crosses. Guess what we call them!) Anyways. I'm not sure why, but the people who bred Madison cropped her tail. Almost off. (Like this one, but shorter) It looks much like the Puff's tissue Pal's noses just plopped on her bum and will be ready to speed off to another area if you try and touch it with regular tissue. So, now that you have that picture in your head, you know that Maddy's tail is short, stubby and kind of pointy in a round way.

This morning, she stuck her tail in my eye ball.

I was sleeping peacefully and minding my own business when Madison climbed on the bed, wandered to my pillow and sat on my face. Her stubby little tail shoved into my eye ball and woke me with a jolt. It didn't hurt, but it freaked the heck out of me, that's for sure. Thank goodness there is a rounded edge to her tail or I would be blind.

1 comment:

  1. of the many things I love about you, toward the top of my list is the fact that one second I am wishing I'd bought kleenex today and the next I am literally laughing out loud... you're great! Multi-faceted friends are so comforting... makes me feel human. and bipolar. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"