Sunday, March 16, 2008

Final project

I had the great idea to make a Christmas present for my Dad this year. I planned to take a picture of his puppies, have the picture made into a cross stitch pattern and then cross stitch that picture. It would have been done in time for Christmas expect that the pattern arrived in the mail about a week before my father arrived in my house. I worked on it in secret, but didn't get it finished until January. Now that Lyn is heading to Ukraine to go see the old man, I am sending the picture with her. It didn't turn out how I had hoped, but it's still passable. I'm hoping he will tell everyone a little kid made it for him. It's much more impressive if you think a 7 year old did it. Much less impressive when I'm 31.

4 comments:

  1. Dude! It really looks like them! In cross stitch form! I absolutely would not be able to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty amazing. I didn't even realize it was a cross stitch until I read that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! You guys are so nice. I think it looks like crap. I'm always really harsh on my own stuff. But, I'm glad it will be in Ukraine where I don't have to see it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's how I always am after I finish a yearbook: you stare at the same thing for so long you can't stand the sight of it anymore. All you can see is all the little imperfections but you get to a point where you just can't care anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"