Saturday, February 09, 2008

Book Meme

I am late in doing this since I was gone. But, I figured it would give everyone a nice break from tales of my trip.

1. Name one book that changed your life.
The Drifters by James A. Mitchner. A book about a bunch of kids during the 60s.

2. Name one book you have read more than once.
I read almost every book more than once. I learn something new everytime. The first time I am just reading for the plot and the emotions. The next times I can get the undercurrents.

3. One book you would want on a desert island.
I can only have one?? That's just not fair. Probably East of Eden by Steinbeck. It's really long.

4. Two books that made you laugh.
I can't think of any. I mean, I laugh at almost every book, but can't think of ones specifically that I found really funny. I have terrible recall.

5. One book that made you cry.
Recently? A trashy romance novel I read on the beach. The guy's mom died of cancer and it caught me off guard. There I am, on a beach, on vacation, bawling my head off.

6. One book you wish you’d written.
The Time Traveller's Wife. I wish I had written it. It was brilliant. The concept, the characters, the emotions. The whole thing.

7. One book you wish had never been written.
I have no idea. Books should always be written. Some of them just shouldn't be read.

8. Two books I am currently reading.
Blue Dahlia by Nora Roberts. I only can read one book at a time. Otherwise I forget who the characters are and I get distracted. And then I have to start over. And I hate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crap monkies say "what?"