Saturday, October 20, 2007

Would you give me money?

Because I can't say no to anyone, I am doing canvassing for three different charities this month. Which means, I will be going to all my neighbours and asking for money. Now, please remember I am incredibly smooth and graceful and charming.

Here are the highlights of my canvassing for Alzheimer's (which I forgot to pick up the paperwork for for two weeks).

They had given me the names of each house.
me: Can I assume you are Dana?
her: Dana's dead.

At a house with a lovely quiet dog.
me: I live down the street. I am sure my dogs have driven your dog crazy many times.
him: We've only had her a day.

I knock on the door.
A really cute guy comes to the window and points to the side of the house.
I turn and fall off the step.

Next week, Diabetes!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! That's hilarious. I'll donate if one of your charities is Cancer or MS.

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"