Sunday, October 14, 2007

Balance

I have no balance. I blame it on an inner ear problem, but mostly I'm a klutz. However, the balance I have most problems with is my life. Falling down I have no problem with... it's keeping up that's the issue.

For the last 6 months I have been doing a delicate balancing act. Work, union, dogs, sisters, friends, travel, brother, grandma, boyfriend, sleep, movies, books and TV. Somewhere, somehow, each of these things must be allotted the proper time. Not too much time as to be distracting, but enough time to not feel abandoned.

I am running out of time.

Let's break up my day. I spend 10 - 12 hours sleeping. I know, you think that's a lot. I'm a shift worker and being awake is for chumps. It's a scientific fact. Ask Janny. So that's half my day gone right there. If I have to work that day that's another 10 hours. Which leaves 2 hours to walk the dogs, shower and eat. Not a lot of time.

When I'm not working, I have 12 whole hours to spend on frivolous things like cleaning and hygiene. Factor in 4 hours of TV (more if I have fallen behind on work days) and I am down to 8. So, 2 for siblings, 1 for dogs, 4 for boyfriend... Yikes! Where is leisure time? And books? And friends?

I have no idea. So far I have decided to give up reading and seeing anyone who isn't immediately in my family or who doesn't just show up at my house. There are some people who, I am sure, think I'm dead. It's the only explanation for why I haven't contacted them since May.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crap monkies say "what?"