Friday, August 17, 2007

Dismissed

Today as I was walking the dogs, I came upon a little boy holding a bright yellow sword. He came up to me and asked if he could pet the dogs. I warned him of their anti-social behaviour but offered to let him try.

I bent down and picked up Montel to prevent him from attacking. I allowed Vicki a little leash to let her feel things out. I pulled Maddy in close and let her wait. There I sat crouched on the sidewalk and explained to the boy how to pet the dogs. I suggested he pet Vicki as she is the friendliest for the most part.

He made a bee line for Montel. And, ignoring my suggestion, pet him directly on the head. Montel squirmed, but managed not to bite. Vicki got upset at being passed by and wound herself around the boy's legs. Maddy wound herself around my legs and entangled herself in Vicki's leash. Montel wriggled his way further into my arms and got his foot stuck in my pocket. I sat there for a bit and tried to figure out how to undo this pretzel of dogs.

Just then, the little boy looks up at me and says with a lisp "I think you should go now."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crap monkies say "what?"