Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I have started writing numerous times tonight. Nothing is flowing right. I'm not funny or clever or insightful. I am not bitchy or bitter or heartbroken. I am not overflowing with happiness or sadness or anger. I just am. And that's about it.

A month later and I am still feeling sick. I am getting tired of this. A coworker (and ex friend - hi Jess!) told me it was because after 30 you go downhill. This may be true. Certainly since my last birthday I have been more ill and more tired than I know what to do with.

I suppose I would likely get healthy if I would stop doing things and just rest. However, I am entirely incapable of that. This last weekend, I went to take half a cow to my sister-in-law and brother. This weekend, I am going to the cabin with the whole famn damily to visit my aunt. Then I was planning on driving home, packing my car again and heading to Spokane.

Apparently I have a death wish. So, I have changed my mind. I am staying home from Spokane for the first time in years. I am heartbroken. Mostly because I will not get to see QoWP's husband (whom she stole from me and whom I adore with all my heart). Also because it is such a great retreat - totally relaxing and rejuvenating. I just don't want to drive all that way by myself (two days after anyone else going has already left) and then feel sick the whole time I am away. So, it's decided.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, you take care of yourself! And I'll break the news to Chris gently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the upside, (wait, is this an upside?) that means you can come to my BBQ now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could, but I am going to a wedding that day. I will however try and make an appearance. Even if it is just to meet your cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She'd be thrilled. I'm pretty sure this is the first time anyone has ever expressed any interest in meeting her :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww,I'll miss seeing you, but if you aren't allowed to talk, you wouldn't have fun anyways. Get better!!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"