Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I am the Easter Bunny of the Spinster house.

I have a confession to make. Few people know this about me.

I hide chocolate.

All the time. In my house. In drawers and cupboards and other nooks and crannies. It makes me feel better knowing that if I need it, it's there.

At any given time, I have three or four chocolate stashes in my house. Then if it's 3 in the morning and I need it, I don't have to go out. I rarely eat the chocolate I have stashed. There are a few I haven't gone near in weeks. Maybe even months.

Here's the problem. Ky and Lyn keep finding my hiding spots. And then they eat them.

I think my need to hide chocolate started when I was very young. My brother had a rule - if he saw something and I wasn't using it, eating it, playing with it, or sitting on it, it was his. So, if I wanted anything to remain mine I had to hide it. I learned this with food quite quickly and yet it took me buying the Cranberries "No Need to Argue" about 4 times before I figured out it applied to other things too.

I started by hiding my Halloween candy. Under my bed in a bag. But he found it. In fact, he found it everywhere I hid it. I finally had to hide it under the boxes of tampons in the bathroom. It was the only place I knew he wouldn't look. My dilemma with Ky and Lyn is that they aren't scared of feminine hygiene products. (Although, they might flinch if you say something about it in public.)

I am a little like a reformed smoker who keeps a pack of smokes just to remind them they don't need to smoke, but if they have to they can. At least, that's what I tell myself.

Could be I'm just chubby and I like my chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. Always milk. Cheaper the better. Preferably a one pound chocolate Easter Bunny you can get for a dollar at WalMart. I'm all about class.

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"