Thursday, January 04, 2007

Swimming pools

My basement always wanted to be a swimming pool when it grew up. When I first moved in, the walls leaked. When I fixed the walls, the floor leaked. Now that it's frozen outside? I went down stairs tonight and found another swimming pool by the water heater. I panicked. I thought the water heater had exploded and I would have to remortgage the house. I called my brother and my uncle and finally my cousin who is a plumber. I told him the duct next to the water heater was leaking. He asked me a billion questions until we figured out what it was. The humidifier hose had sagged, hit the vent from the furnace and melted until it sprang a leak. One quick turn of the pliers and the problem was solved. I can't wait to see what the basement thinks of next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crap monkies say "what?"