Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Married men love me

Tonight, I went out for supper with KB and Lyn. We went to a really fancy restaurant. We didn't realize it was so fancy, but it was a good time anyways. Especially the part where Lyn stood on her scarf as the waiter was trying to take her jacket. That was awesome.

Now, the waiter was particularly flirty. He loved us. However, I noticed the ring on his hand and he later mentioned his wedding supper. I figured he was just a flirty guy and it would get him tips. Which it did.

The weirdest part of the whole night was dessert. We ordered baklava and it was awesome. Just as we were getting settled and ready to dig in, I got up to go to the bathroom. When I came back, my dessert was missing. Not just the dessert, but the entire plate. I stood there kind of confused for a sec and KB said that the guy at the next table was eating my dessert. I wasn't even sure how to process it, so I just stood there.

There was my plate. In front of a stranger. Who was going on about how great it tasted. And who knew my name. He finally handed back my plate to me and I tried to laugh it off - teasing him that he was going to pay for supper then. But really, all I was thinking was "WTF? Who thinks that stealing strangers food is funny? I will kill him. That is baklava."

KB explained that he had watched me walk to the washroom and then started chatting her up about me and devised this "great" plan to steal my dessert. Uh huh. I might have been flattered if he'd been 30 and cute. But he wasn't. He was mid 40s and I had just heard him moments before telling his friend about how long he'd been married to his wife.

KB said the guy's friend (when the guy was coming up with the "brilliant" steal-the-dessert from the girl to make her talk to you) had commented that he didn't think it was a great idea as I looked like I could kick* his ass.

I could. And I wanted to.

It's baklava. Come on.

*updated. That was just an accident. Too many ssssses.

5 comments:

  1. Revise this post immediately.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to add my view: the friend said, if B did kick his ass for stealing dessert he wasn't going to hang around. Me? I would've taken pictures. 'Cause it would have been funny. Short, but funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. freudian slip methinks.

    and i sincerely hope you got a new dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I agree with lynnieC. I'm pretty sure that you meant "kick his ass" instead of "kiss his ass," but who knows. Maybe having strangers steal your dessert is a new diet strategy? hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah yeah, it was an accident. You all suck.

    No new dessert, I sincerely hope he didn't touch it.

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"