Monday, January 15, 2007

Just being thorough

My first year of highschool, my parents had to go to "meet the teacher" night. I'm not sure why, but I was very nervous for them and so I provided them with directions. Detailed directions. I don't remember what I was thinking at the time, but it must have been that my parents were too stupid to find their way around the school.

My directions consisted of this:
  • go through the main doors, take 15 steps, the auditorium is on the left
  • go out the auditorium, turn left, walk 30 steps to the end of the hall, turn right
  • my teacher's class is on the right (I sit in the third desk from the front in the middle row)
  • leave the class, go to the right, walk to the end of the hall, go left to the stairs
  • go up the stairs
The rest of the note went this way. Counted steps, lefts and rights, ups and downs.

My parents later told me that they read the instructions out loud as they followed them to a tee. Apparently, all the other parents present were also highly amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crap monkies say "what?"