- Have you started Christmas shopping yet?
- Have you got your Christmas decorations up?
OMG people. It's not even December. For serious.
I do not understand putting up Christmas decorations up inside while it is still November.
Putting lights up outside in November I can get. Because it is dang cold out and if you don't put them up in November, there is no chance in Hades you are getting them up any other time because your fingers will fall off. Most of the time in Saskatchewan there is a chance of frostbite in 30 seconds. 30 seconds!! You can't hang lights in that amount of time.
Now, my father and I had a tradition when I was growing up.
- Pick the coldest day of the year. Make sure it is windy and blizzarding.
- Put up 35 strings of lights on the house and the 20 foot tree outside the house.
- Do this with a wooden ladder Dad built out of scraps and a 10 foot pole made of numerous hockey sticks tied together with a hook on the end.
- Finish and realize that one light is burned out.
- Repeat swearing and crying until you give up and go inside.