Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Handy woman

Or I would have been had I not spent 45 minutes searching for my damn hammer.

How on earth does one lose a hammer? I mean, they are fairly heavy creatures. They do not have legs or wings that I am aware of and yet, mine has somehow managed to disappear.

I don't remember putting it anywhere. It is not with either of my tool boxes or in my junk drawer. I checked under my bed and in the bookshelf. I looked on the television and on my nightstand. I checked the computer table and even the fridge. (Don't look at me like that, I found the phone in there once, now I don't take chances.)

I wanted to put a shelf in my closet so I have more space for shoes and storage. My closet is now emptied into the middle of my bedroom. My suitcases are on my bed, my shoes are in many bags and baskets covering the floor and the whole thing is a mess. But I can't fix it until I find my damn hammer. And borrow my Dad's drill from his place b/c the contractors stole mine last fall.

Why do I find it so hard to hang on to my tools????

3 comments:

  1. This is very sad, but sometimes I use my remote control in lieu of a hammer.

    Now that's handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kefla, that is awesome. Totally embarrassing, but awesome.

    Evil G, how on earth did you not puncture it???

    I swear, I'm going to have to buy everyone a tool kit. What kind of women are we?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heels. Or heel, actually. Of a really sturdy boot. Best non-hammer hammer I've ever used.

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"