Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The trip - c'est disastre

Yeah, that was a bad mix of English and French and likely totally incorrect. So sue me.

The trip down to Spokane was... not the most fun I've ever had. It was rife with poor planning, horrible music and frustrating moments of wanting to hurt everyone involved.

I had fun driving from Saskatoon to Calgary with a young friend, Pam. However, she listens to an odd mix of music that I have never heard of. I spent a lot of time saying "Who is this again?" and being horrified at the use of the 'N' word in many rap songs. The rest of it wasn't horrid though, so I did okay. I got to stop in Red Deer and hang out with Mel and Grae and Lyn (who was visiting Mel and Grae) and that was a ton of fun.

I was supposed to drive a few people to Cranbrook and then onto Spokane, but it turned into just one other person. It wasn't bad, but his choice in music was dreadful. Oh well. From Cranbrook I drove with the guy and G and it went much better. With the exception that the guy then was like "Have you heard about such and such?" No. "You'll love him". Sure. He brought out a CD and played it. The dude played the diggery-doo. THE DIGGERY-DOO people. And the harmonica. I listened for two songs and then SCREAMED "I can't do it anymore" and pushed eject.

It is the last time I ever let anyone else plan anything. It is also the last time I let someone I don't know pick music.

2 comments:

  1. I really don't know what is so bad about the diggery-doo. Xavier Rudd has diggery-doo playing in the background of some of his music and his music is awesome. Don't judge the diggery-doo just because it is in a crappy song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I am sure the diggery-doo has it's place. However, I maintain, that place is NOT on a car trip.

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"