Friday, December 17, 2010

Life's lessons #reverb10

December 17 Lesson learned. What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward? (Prompt by @tea_austen)

I have never been the sort to take care of my body.  I have never been careful of what I put into it (like that time I ate a Lego piece) nor how I treated it (if I did, I wouldn't hurt it so much!).

This year, since my diagnosis of Celiac's disease (I know, I'm tired of hearing about it too) I have been much more cognizant of my body.  I have learned that I have to appreciate this "meat suit" that houses the rocking personality that is me.  I have learned that I have to listen to it, care for it, treat it right.  I have to eat better foods, spend more time with it, exercise it, care for it, and love it.

Like with this post, my life lesson is that I need to deal with my body as though it's a part of me and not just something I resent, loathe, judge, hide, and fatten up.

Who knew I would have to be in my 30s to appreciate something that's been with me since the beginning?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're tired of hearing about it, too. Honestly, woman.

    I mean...LOVE YOU. Glad you're feeling better. I'ma go eat some gluten cakes now.

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"