Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ah, memories

Sitting around watching girl movies with LynnieC as she prepares to leave for England on Wednesday.  After sobbing my head off to The Family Stone (a lovely story about a family dealing with the impending death of their mother at Christmas time) we popped in The Holiday.

For those who don't watch terrible movies, The Holiday is about two women who exchange houses (one in England, one in LA) after horrible breakups.

The one woman cannot cry and the other woman does nothing but sob.

The first time I watched this movie was shortly after I broke up with someone. (pre-The Guy, like... 2006 or so)  The girl who can't stop sobbing?  Um... ridiculously similar to who I was at that time.  Watching it now, it seems a little surreal.

And more than a little pathetic.

Once again, I thank God for The Guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crap monkies say "what?"