Anyway, my point was about Star Trek (2009). Go see it. Now. Directly. Stop reading and go see it. Seriously. I will wait.
Well, if you won't go now, I will tell you why you should go.
- They cast the characters perfectly to compare to the original Star Trek.
- Captain Kirk - Chris Pine is smarmy, sleazy, mischievous, adorable, and totally addictive. I love him. They could not have chosen someone who was more suited to Captain Kirk but who still was a decent actor. Adorable!!
- Spock - Zachary Quinto is one of my favourites on Heros, but he is AWESOME in this. Completely able to show great depths of emotions while showing none at all. The lift of his eyebrow is swoon worthy.
- Dr. McCoy is sexy. Meow.
- They used just enough of the original lines that you would cheer and not so many that you were sick of them.
- Simon Pegg as Scotty was brilliant.
- Original music was used for the space fighting scenes. Or, at least it sounded like the original music which is just as good.
- The guy who played Captain Pike is almost as sexy as Mark Harmon.
- I wanted to turn around and walk into the theatre and watch it again as soon as I was done.
*Not those kind of cling ons.