Tuesday, November 20, 2007

You're only going to bathe in an inch of water?

I hate my bathtub. Actually my entire bathroom. You have to be a contortionist just to get into the room, let alone try and use the toilet. For that you have to straddle the garbage can. Whoever designed my bathroom deserves a kick in the head.

But my bathtub is the worst.

My first house had a Jacuzzi tub. With jets. You could fill the tub, submerse yourself, put in bubbles and soak your troubles away with the massage jets. It was awesome. It was 21 inches deep. The only part of me not covered in water was my head and the tips of my knees.

This tub is 12 inches from the floor to the edge. If I maneuver correctly, I can submerse my shoulders or one leg at a time. But not both - that would be frivolous.

Tonight, I was so tired I could hardly stand. I thought I would have a bath and go to bed at a reasonable hour. I filled the bathtub and got in. I soaked my back and my shoulders with my legs bent at awkward angles just to get them close enough to the water so I wouldn't be too cold.

I fell asleep. I guess I rested in the knowledge there was no possible way I could drown.

2 comments:

  1. The first house I ever owned had a big ol' soaker tub (two, in fact, but one was a claw-foot and the other had jets) and I loved them to BITS.

    Then we moved to our second house which had the same stupid bathtubs you have. And I was annoyed all the time about it because parts of me would be FREEZING while the other parts were nice and warm.

    When we were moving to the city we're in now, and looking at houses, I spent a lot of time looking at the bathtubs. The house we bought has a big ol' jacuzzi again and oh, I am NEVER MOVING AGAIN.

    Bubble bath = sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sucks.

    my old tub was like your old tub. now, my current tub is like your current tub.

    i haven't taken a bath in over a year. i miss it.

    sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Crap monkies say "what?"