Thursday, May 24, 2007

Orphan Broni

"Don't know how to say it,
Don't want to watch my parents go.
One generations length away
From fighting life out on my own."
John Mayer "Stop This Train"

It's official. We are now orphans. At 4:30 this morning, we dropped off Dad at the airport so he can start his new life in another country. A 27 hour trip across the pond to his wife he hasn't seen in months. And we are left behind.

I have been so stressed with the worry and care of how this man will manage on his own that I forgot we are on our own too. And now, rather than being relieved he is no longer my responsibility, I miss him. That likely won't last too long - I have a crap load of work to do in the next two days, but for now I am melancholy at the fact we have no parent here to look after us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crap monkies say "what?"